1 Samuel 17 Serving God The Greatest Oppertunity of a lifetime
The Israelites and the Philistines face off for battle on opposites sides of the valley of Elah. Among the Philistines is a fierce fighter named Goliath, who is over 3 meters! Goliath defies Israel, demanding that they send out a soldier to fight him Goliath makes this challenge twice every day for 40 days. The Christian life is about one word ACTION!
I. Opportunities to serve God – Vs. 12-15; 17-19
· David’s father instructs him to carry food to three of his brothers in Saul’s army.
· God prepared David for this battle
· god gave David victories in his life- David killed a bear and lion with his bare hands.
· David obeyed his father (young people do you obey your parents)
· obedience brings blessings.
· god will give you opportunities to serve him
· Saul was losing strength
· David was growing in power
· David was a man of faith – god honors faith
· spiritual power comes from god
· faith makes Christians great
Q: is it your desire to glorify god?
II. Obstacles will come while serving God
A. The Critism of david
· Whenever you step out by faith, other people will put obstacles in your life.
· David arrives at the battle.
· And something happens . . . .
· David’s is rebuked by his oldest brother . . . . WHY . . .
· For asking “why Goliath was allowed to insult Israel’s army
· Saul said, YOU ARE NOT ABLE-VS. 33
· Except god build the church we lbor in vain.
· THEN SAUL SAID, DO IT MY WAY.
· dAVID KEPT HIS FAITH IN THE lORD.
· wE MUST DO gODS WORK THE WAY GOD WANTS US TO DO IT.
III. The object of our faith, The Lord Jesus Christ
· dAVID IS A PICTURE OF CHRSIT.
· hE WAS BORN IN BETHLEHAM
· DAVID WAS MISUNDERSTOOD BY HIS FAMILY
· DAVID MEANS- BELOVED
主よ、貴方に つかえる とっけんは すばらしいものです。私たちが、 もっと 貴方に より つかえて いくことができますように たすけて下さい。くるしいときも 貴方の みことばの やくそくの 中に 、へいあんを もつことができますよに。 主イエスのみなにより おいのりいたします。アーメン