Share Jesus Without Fear-Part I
Text; Matthew 28:16-20
Title; “Silence Can Be Deadly-Part I”
The Great Commission
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Introduction – Reggie McNeal (talk about DVD)
· Outreach guy
o Says something about the church
o What does this mean
o I cannot do this alone
o Run into the wall (stubborn child)
· Touch people for 10 seconds (illustration)
Has anyone struggled in sharing their faith?
Stats from Bill Fay
- 90% Of the church does not share their faith.
- 15% Of new believers are touched at an event.
- 85% Of new believers are touched one on one.
- 7.6 The average number of times they need to hear the gospel before they accept it.
GO IS A COMMAND FROM GOD!
· Therefore – look at Vs 18
· Go – Greek is Traveling (from one place to the next)
o This is not about building and they will come
· Make disciples (Mathēteuō) – Make learners
o Imperative Tense
o Way of life
· Baptizing – Immersing (immersing yourselves too)
Ezekiel 3:18 – When I say to a wicked man, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood
You are going to be held accountable
- What does it mean to have this gift or knowledge
Omission is a sin!
· We love to talk about other sins
Vs 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted
Are you part of the crowd that Doubts?
· This is the same word used in 14:31 where Peter doubts on the water. Not intellectual doubt, but hesitation.
· Peter cries out to Jesus for help
· Jesus comes near to him
Jesus wants to come near to you!