23(Isaiah 59,01-14)Forgive Us Our Sins
1. God’s Power is Sufficient (1)
2. Our Petition is not. (2)
A.C.T.S. – C=Confession.
A. Access to God is prevented by sin.
Psalms 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: KJV
B. Confession involves admission. (3-14)
1. Bring details before Him. Psalms 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
2. Dare to ask the Lord to remove sins we aren’t even aware of. Psalms 19:12 Who can understand his errors? Cleanse thou me from secret faults.
3. Cleansing comes as you admit each sin.
4. Obedience comes as you become accountable for sin.
B. Confession involves agreement. (ex: 4a vs. 4b, 6a vs. 6b)
1. Confess means to agree with God. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
C. Confession involves acceptance.
1. God does forgive our sins. (1 John 1:9).
2. Our prayers should deliver us. If not:
a. we do not yet believe God can forgive us for it.
b. we have not yet forsaken the sin.