1) There is an old saying good enough for government work
a) Dad worked for mack government job had tighter standards
b) In the government the standards were always higher
than commercial equipment
2) We learn that we have standards to live by and we learn those rules at a very early age
3) Robert Fulghum- All I ever needed to know I learned in kindergarten
4) Paul has given us some standards to live by in our scripture.
5) Follow scripture
6) We need to ask ourselves if we live by these standards
7) I know it’s tough but not impossible.
8) We need to turn our lives over to God and allow him to make the changes needed in our hearts.
Romans 12:9-21 (NIV)
9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with God’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.