Make up your mind
Make up your mind
1) We live in a world of choices
b) Grocery stores
2) Comedy skit on SNL Sugar or Plain !983
3) What should I choose?
4) Paul had a dilemma
a) Wanted to be with Jesus
b) Stay and continue the work he had to do
5) What does this struggle mean to us?
6) Paul is already in heaven
7) Paul’s struggle is a choice between what is good for him or someone else
8) Paul chose to remain because it was for the greater good
9) His choice to him was a sacrifice of himself
10) Paul asks the Philippians to conduct themselves in a manner..
11) Paul gave the church a direction
12) No matter what the situation we need to conduct ourselves worthy
13) That means we have choices in our behavior
14) Have you ever met someone that declared they were a Christian yet their reputation didn’t match their declaration
15) Some abortion protestors, Homosexual haters, KKK
16) Less obvious, road rage, cheat on taxes, cheat employer by not giving 8 for 8, ETC.
17) Christians have a choice to make
18) Live the life or not
19) Not as simple as sugar or plain
20) Living a life worthy of the gospel is a must
21) We must represent Jesus well
22) We must be faithful followers
23) We must be ready and willing to sacrifice what is beneficial for us for the greater good
Philippians 1:21-30 (NIV)
21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26 so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me. 27 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel 28 without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved—and that by God. 29 For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him, 30 since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have.