Feb 26 2006 meditation
Darren McGavin has died at the age of 83
Don Knotts has died at the age of 81
· Someone once said that the more you look at the life of a man, the more you see he is just a man.
o Three’s Company
o The Love God
o One of the saddest things I ever saw was Don Knotts in Joplin sitting at a table signing autographs one after the other – he was just an old man.
o The more you look at the life of a man, the more you come to see that he was just a man
· Well, except for Jesus.
o In Luke 17 he appears as a wise teacher who knows the things of God
o Lord of the mustard seed
o Master over leprosy
o Son of man who is coming back at a time when all will be just as it was in the days of Noah.
o And he is much more as Luke paints the picture.
· The more you look at the life of Jesus, the more you come to realize he was not just a man.
· I challenge you this morning as we remember him together to take out your magnifying glass and look at this man. Dig up all the details you can.
· Don’t try that with Darrin McGavin or Don Knotts. Their memories may bring a smile to your face, but don’t dig too deeply or you will see with some disappointment that they were only men.
· We remember one who not only brings a smile to our faces as we remember him, but he stands up to scrutiny and promises to come back.