- The son of Manoah, born at Zorah.
- The narrative of his life is given in Jud 13-16.
- A "Nazarite unto God" from his birth, the first Nazarite mentioned in Scripture #Jud 13:3-5 comp. #Nu 6:1-21
- The first recorded event of his life was his marriage with a Philistine woman of Timnath #Jud 14:1-5
- His wife was soon taken from him and given "to his companion" #Jud 14:20
- For this Samson took revenge by burning the "standing corn of the Philistines" #Jud 15:1-8 who, in their turn, in revenge "burnt her and her father with fire." Her death he terribly avenged #Jud 15:7-19
- During the twenty years following this he judged Israel.
- After this we have an account of his exploits at Gaza #Jud 16:1-3 and of his infatuation for Delilah, and her treachery #Jud 16:4-20 and then of his death #Jud 16:21-31 He perished in the last terrible destruction he brought upon his enemies.