What Think Ye of Jesus
What think ye of Christ / “Why did Jesus Weep?”
Some interesting things about Lazarus
- The name Lazarus is an abbreviated form of the word Eleazar (God has helped.)
- He was perhaps quite an undistinguishable fellow, “scarcely hear of half a mile from home.”
- Lazarus didn’t speak a word in the entire passage.
- Lazarus’s testimony in life after death was so powerful that the Chief Priest of the Jews plotted to kill Lazarus just to shut him up.
- Lazarus could be found in Christ’s presence after his resurrection. 12. 1,2.
I. The Christ’s’ misunderstood love. V3 & 4.
II. The Christ’s testimony V25 – 27.
III. The Christ’s Anger – What think ye of Jesus V 31-39
What shall it take? Luke 16:31 “And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.”
Matt 22:41 “What think ye of Christ?”