We're going to continue teaching on the subject of FAITH AND CONFESSION. And we're going to continue on the subject probably for just another few weeks.
I) So if you have your Bibles care with me to Mark chapter 4.
A) In the 1st part of this chapter Jesus was giving a parable to the disciples. In verse 3 it's says, "There went out a sower to sow."
1) In reading this parable and through Jesus explanation later on, we know that the sower was sowing seeds and those seeds were the Word of God.
2) We also know that he was sowing seeds into the earth. According to (Mark 4:15) the EARTH was the HEART OF MAN.
B) Now let's look at Mark 4:28. (Earth is the heart of man).
1) This verse is telling us that the heart of man is going to produce FRUIT OF HERSELF.
a) "First the blade, then the ear, after that then the full corn in the ear."
b) In (verse 29) it says that's when the harvest comes.
(i) We will reap what ever is in the heart.
2) If all you're sowing are words of doubt and unbelief, negative things, then you're harvest is going to be negative.
a) If you're speaking forth words of failure, sickness, and lack, then you're going to reap failure, sickness, and lack.
b) But on the other hand if you're speaking forth words of victory, prosperity, health, and success, then you're going to reap victory, prosperity, health, and success.
C) Now sometimes people give up before they reap their harvest of victory.
1) Probably all of us have done that and we're not even aware of it.
a) There is such power in words that you may have said something that stopped the growth process.
(i) I'm not saying that if you spoke one wrong confession all is lost. One or two weeds are not going to stop the harvest if you're confessing the Word of God on a regular basis.
(ii) But many weeds will choke out a harvest and you'll reap either no harvest or very limited harvest with much delay.
(iii) (Proverbs 18:21) says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue."
2) Now turn to Mark 11:23 with me.
a) This is a law of Faith and confession.
(i) The King James English is very flowery so we could probably make a clearer by saying it like this, "Whoever says, believes, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will happen, he'll have whatever he says."
(ii) That's how it works.
3) Now some people think, "It's going to happen just because I say it."
(i) But it won't happen just because you say it.
(ii) People get a hold of (MARK 11:23) and run off into left field with it.
4) It won't work just because you say it. But saying it is involved in working it. (Repeat).
a) One of the key points that (MARK 11:23) makes is that when you confess the Word, you must believe it in your heart and not doubt.
b) Faith is very much involved in confessing the Word.
5) Let's read Mark 11:23-24 without stopping between Vs., that's how Jesus said it.
a) Reading these two Vs. together you can clearly see that faith is very much involved with confession.
b) You're not going to reap from just you're confession alone. Faith must be in operation.
c) God's Word conceived in your heart, then formed with the tongue and spoken out of your mouth with faith becomes a spiritual force which releases the ability of God.
II) Turn to Matthew 4:1-3.
A) The word "COMMAND" in verse 3 is the Greek word EPO, which is used almost 1000 times in the Bible.
1) More than 900 times it's translated SAY OR SPEAK.
2) Satan knew that there is power in words. He told Jesus why don't you just speak to those stones to make them bread.
B) Let's look at what Jesus said in Matthew 4:4.
1) Jesus said that man shall not live by bread alone.
a) But in the next part of (verse 4) he's telling us that man shall live by the Word of God.
2) In other words he's telling us that the Word of God produces life.
a) This word "LIVE" in verse for has several meanings.
b) 1st of all it's telling us that the Word of God will produce "LIFE, FRESHNESS, STRENGTH, and POWER" and it will also CAUSE YOU TO BE "BLESSED, and ACTIVE."
(i) It goes on to say that the Word of God will also cause you to have "THE REAL-LIFE", and cause you to "ENJOY LIVE IN ITS FULLEST."
C) Will end with this last scripture Proverbs 16:24.
1) There's nothing more pleasant to those that are hurting then to give them the Word of God promising their deliverance.
a) The Word "HEALTH" can also mean, "HEALING."
2) Pleasant words, the right words, the Word of God is as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health and healing to the bones.
3) The Word of God continuously spoken over your life is going to produce victory in your life.
TFC 8/8/90 WED PM and W. O. L. C. C. Thursday, January 21, 1999. This sermon is taken from Confession # 5-7. 8/15/90 WED PM Thursday, 2/17/99. Wednesday, February 24, 1999.