Healing & Faith #2
As we read the Word of God, we see promises directed to the body of Christ, the believers, but as we go through our Christian walk, we see many believers that are sick for they have been battling a sickness for some time. We know that the Bible tells us that through faith and patience we shall inherit the promises. But we should continuously be looking at ourselves (judging ourselves) to see you were doing everything right. Faith has some definite guidelines to it. We just can't be running out their doing our own thing, we need to do what the Word says.
I) 1st of all turn with me to Hebrews 10:38-39.
A) The NIV translation says, "But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him.” (39) But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.”
1) If we pulled back from the area of faith in God and in his promises then we are opening the door for destruction and ruin.
2) In (verse 38) it says that the just shall live by faith. We have that same phrase found in four times in the Word of God.
3) In (2nd Corinthian 5:7) it says, "For we walk by faith and not by sight."
(a) Sometimes our bodies tell us were sick and a sickness and the pains and aches are really there, but we need to go beyond what our physical senses are telling us and start looking to what the Word of God says.
(b) As a matter of fact, that is how our faith will increase in God. (Romans 10:17) says, "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God."
B) Turn to Hebrews 11:1.
1) The Amplified translation says, "NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]."
2) Throughout this entire chapter, we have what is called the heroes of faith, but look down to Hebrews 11:6,11.
3) Go down to Hebrews 11:32-35.
(a) Go down to verse 39-40. (No chapter and vs.)
4) Hebrews 12:1-2. (Hebrews 6:12)
(a) What is Paul talking about here and verse 1? He's talking about faith that same thing we've been on the last chapter and a half.
II) Mark 11:23-24.
A) (Mark 11:24) from the Amplified translation says, "For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it]."
1) Notice the past tense. (That it is granted).
(a) It has already been granted to you when you pray and stand in faith. As you continue to stand in faith you will get it, you'll receive.
B) Mark 5:22-34.
1) The NIV translation says, "Daughter, your faith has healed you."
2) Mark 5:35-43.
III) Matthew 8:1-13.