The Blood and the Glory #11
Were going to continue our teaching on “The Blood and the Glory.” But were going to change gears a little bit here. I want to begin looking at the Glory of God and what we can expect to be poured out upon this earth in these last days. Is the Glory that is going to be poured out on this earth going to be significant or is it just hopes and wishes of men and women that serve the Lord? What does the Word of God say about these last days? Is it prophesied in the Word of God that there is going to be a great revival or a great outpouring of his spirit? I believe that as we take this journey through the Word of God in our study on the Glory and God’s outpouring of His spirit were going to see that were about to experience His Presence, His Glory and the greatest outpouring of the Spirit of the world has ever seen.
I) The blood of Jesus has redeemed us from the hand of the enemy and the curse of the law.
A) God wants us to know the power of this truth in these last days.
1) But there is a last day application of the blood of Jesus that God also wants us to know. And it involves the Glory. It involves what we are redeemed to.
B) We’ll see part of it here in Galatians 3:13-14 (turn there).
1) “REDEEMED” is a blood Word. We already said that, but I wanted you to see that one of the parts of our redemption by the blood of the Lamb is “THAT WE MIGHT RECEIVE THE PROMISE OF THE SPIRIT.”
(a) That covers such a wide variety of topics, but what I want to cover is how that applies to us in these last days.
2) In (1st Peter 4:14) the Bible calls the Holy Spirit “the Spirit of Glory.” In (Romans 8:11) it says that, Jesus was raised from the dead by the spirit. And in (Romans 6:4) it says that, “Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father.”
(a) Turn to Ephesians 5:27.
(i) Remember the Word “GLORIOUS” means Filled with His Glory.
(ii) When he says “Glorious Church”, he’s talking about a church filled with the glory of God, a manifestation of God’s Glory the church has never experienced to that degree.
¨ But notice the prerequisite to the Glory. It’s found here in (Ephesians 5:27), “Not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.”
¨ The Glory always follows what the blood as cleansed.
(b) This will be the 3rd and last great outpouring of the spirit, which the Bible prophesies.
C) The New Testament tells us that God’s dealings with the children of Israel in the Old Testament were TYPES AND SHADOWS for our LEARNING, ADMONITION, AND WARNINGS.
1) 1st Corinthians 10:6-11.
2) The significance of what God taught the children of Israel about the RAINS is of utmost importance to us who live in the last days (or you could say, “the last of the last days”).
(a) Many of the practicing Jews say there is to be 2000 years of the Messiah. (They just don’t feel that he’s come yet).
(b) Jesus was born about 2000 years ago. We’ve had 2000 years of the Messiah. We are living in the last of the last days.
II) The scripture’s progressive revelation of the RAINS is of the utmost importance to we who live in the last minutes of the last days.
A) The first mentioned of rain after Israel was brought out of the land of Egypt is mentioned in Deuteronomy 11:10-11. (Read it)
1) Agriculture in Egypt depended upon the rise and fall of the Nile.
(a) Irrigation ditches were dug and waterwheels were operated with the feet.
(b) Harvest in the Promise Land depended upon seasonal rains.
(i) Those rains would depend upon their love and obedience to God.
2) Deuteronomy 11:13-14.
B) Israel has 2 seasonal rains.
1) The FORMER RAINS begin in late October and November. These FORMER RAINS prepared the ground for PLANTING SEED.
2) The LATTER RAINS are in late winter and early spring. They WATER the FIELDS just before the EARLY HARVEST.
(a) Without the rains, there is no harvest.
3) Deuteronomy 11:16-17.
(a) According to (Zechariah 10:1) God’s people are to ask the Lord for the rains.
C) The Holy Spirit through the prophet Joel reveals that the rains are TYPES AND SHADOWS of the outpouring of God’s Spirit.
1) Joel 2:23-25, 28-29.
(a) Peter, preaching on the day of Pentecost revealed that the outpouring of the Holy Spirit was in fulfillment of Joel’s prophecy.
2) Acts 2:14-18.
(a) The outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the book of Acts IS THE FORMER RAINS.
(i) It came to prepare the ground for the SOWING OF THE SEED.
(b) The LATTER RAIN began in the early 1900s. The Azusa Street outpouring’s was part of it.
(i) The old-timers we’ve been referring to an this series were part of it. It came before the EARLY HARVEST.
D) But the Bible prophesies an outpouring when the EARLY RAINS AND THE LATTER RAINS will come together.
1) Joel prophesied a coming of the former rains and the latter rains in the first month. (Joel 2:23). “Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.”
2) The Holy Spirit through James revealed that the great 3rd and final outpouring of the ages would come just before the coming of the Lord.
(a) James 5:7-8.
(i) The Husbandman is God the Father. A husbandman is a farmer. God the Father is the best farmer their ever was or ever will be.
(ii) His field is the earth.
(iii) God’s field will receive an outpouring of the spirit likened unto the former and latter rains coming together.
(b) This outpouring will produce the greatest crop there ever has been or will be. A great harvest of the “Precious Fruit of the Earth” will come in at this great outpouring of the glory of God.
(i) What is this PRECIOUS FRUIT OF THE EARTH? Souls, that’s the harvest.
3) This 3rd and last outpouring of the Spirit will come just before Jesus returns and it will include everything in the book of Acts plus everything in the great outpouring of the 1900s put together.
(a) When I say, “You haven’t seen anything yet.” I literally mean that there is no comparison to what were about to experience in this last great move of the Holy Spirit upon this earth and in the churches that Love God and are obedient to Him.
(b) Usually before a great outburst of rain it starts with a sprinkle, we’re already experiencing the sprinkling before the outpouring.
W. O. L. C. C. Sunday, January 14, 2001 from Billye Brim’s book entitled “The Blood and the Glory” pages 123 through 128.