The Blood and the Glory #4
Last week we continued on the subject of “The Blood and the Glory.” And we looked at “The Circle of the Glory.” From the Word of God we found that there is glory in heaven and God created the earth full glory. But the earth fell into darkness and the glory was removed. God then created man and crown him with glory and honor, but man sinned and fell short of the glory. Then Jesus came and shed his blood to restore man to the state of glory.
I) There are many circular paths in the Bible.
A) John 16:28.
1) Here we see Jesus circular paths. 1st He was in heaven with the Father, then He came to earth, and then He returned to heaven.
B) Turn to Isaiah 55:8-11.
1) 1st of all we see the rain and the snow, in the natural realm comes to earth and then returns through the natural process of evaporation.
2) Likewise, God’s Word originates in Him, travels to earth, accomplishes what it’s been sent for, and then returns to bring Him glory.
C) In the “Glory” travels that path.
D) The “Church” travels that path.
1) The church started in the mind of God, manifested on earth, and through the rapture will returned to be with God.
E) And the “Blood” travels that path.
1) (Romans 11:36) shows the cycle, “For of him, and through him, and to Him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.”
II) The “BLOOD” travels that same path.
A) None of the precious things of divine nature are based on earth, but in heaven.
1) And the same is true with the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. It begins from heaven.
B) 1st Peter 1:18-20.
1) The blood of Jesus was not an afterthought of God after the fall man. God never plays catch-up to Satan. If He did, Satan could lead God.
2) Before God created man, He knew he would fall. Before God formed man, He foreordained man’s redemption with the precious Blood of Jesus.
3) All divine plans originate in the Father.
(a) Somewhere, in heaven before the foundation of the world, the Father put forth His plan for man.
(i) Man would be a spirit. Created in the image of God.
(ii) Man would be able to fellowship with God. Man would be able to love God.
(iii) Man would be created to work with God and to have dominion over all the works of God’s hand.
(iv) Man would be given, not only a spirit, but also a soul, a mind, a will, and emotions.
(v) God knew Satan would fall and tempt man. And man would fall to his temptation.
(vi) But God would redeem man.
(b) God designed man to be redeemed, so he created him to be a creature of blood.
(i) God didn’t have to make man a creature of blood. Angels are not creatures of blood.
4) God would call his man ADAM.
(a) Adam’s name comes from 2 Hebrew words.
(i) The first is “DAM” which means, “BLOOD.”
(ii) The 2nd he is “ADAMAH” which literally means, “GROUND and RED.”
(b) Adam’s literal name means, “OF RED GROUND AND BLOOD.”
5) It was also part of God’s plan before the foundation of the world that God would put the spirit of man and his soul into a body of flesh.
(a) (Leviticus 17:11) says, “For the life of the flesh is in the blood.”
(i) This man’s body could be broken and his blood poured out.
(b) You’ve probably heard one of the laws of Leviticus, which says, “An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.”
(i) And that also goes for “A life for a life.”
C) That opened the door for Jesus, God the Son, to come to this earth as a man and live without sin. His body could be broken and his blood poured out for the remission of sin.
1) In that moment when God formulated this plan in eternity past the Lord Jesus himself agreed to fulfill the Father’s plan and would offer himself up, without spot to God. (Hebrews 9:14)
(a) (Revelation 13:8) calls Jesus the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
D) Turn back to 1st Peter 1:18-20.
III) And here we have the Circle of the blood line.
A) 1st it began in heaven in the mind of God before the foundation of the world.
1) Then it circled to Earth 1st in revelation through types and shadows in animal sacrifices.
(a) The blood of the animal would be offered up to God on the alter.
(i) That blood would cover man until he was again fit for the glory.
(ii) As a matter-of-fact God himself did the 1st animal sacrifice when he made the coats of animal skins to cover man after the fall. The blood was then applied to them and they were covered in the blood.
(b) Look at Leviticus 17:11.
2) The precious blood of Jesus was then manifest in earth when Jesus came.
(a) John the Baptist said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, which take it away the sin of the world.” (John 1:29).
B) Jesus then poured out His life in His blood on Calvary’s alter.
1) Then Jesus arose, triumphant over death, hell, and the grave; and carried His own precious Blood into the Heavenly Holy of Holies where it was accepted for man.
C) The resurrected Lamb closed the Circle GIVING GLORY TO GOD the Father.
1) The powerful, redemptive Blood is returned to heaven.
2) And there it lies before the throne of the living God, the Blood that speaks mercy for man.
IV) Next week we are going to look at “The Blood Line” not the blood line in reference to descendents but more in the area of “Drawing a Blood Line against the Enemy.”
A) Let me end with this one story. It’s a story of a minister and his wife who were holding meetings in Canada at a large church.
1) They left their children at home in Tennessee, in the care of their grandparents.
(a) The meetings they were holding in Canada were great. They were doing a lot of damage to the kingdom of darkness.
(i) Many were coming to Jesus and many were being set free from bondages.
2) The Devil was so mad that he came to this minister and told him he was going to kill his children.
(a) Well of course, the minister said, “Devil, your liar. You cannot kill my children.”
(b) The Devil replied, “Oh yes I can, for I have put rabies upon the foxes in the woods around your property.”
(i) Immediately, he remembered the reports of friends who said they’ve seen foxes roaming on his land before he left Tennessee.
(ii) I suppose, his first temptation was to leave the meetings and run home to protect his children.
3) But what he did with simple faith was to gather together three other believers. And they would agree in prayer together, and by faith, they drew a blood line of protection around this minister’s property.
(a) A week later, he received a letter from his brother. He said, when he was taking a walk around edge of the minister’s property he found on the borderline five dead foxes.
(b) He had the foxes examined and they all had rabies.
4) The foxes been dropped dead when they tried to cross the Blood Line.
W. O. L. C. C. Sunday 11/12/00 from Billye Brim’s book entitled “The Blood and the Glory.” Pp. 49 through 54.