Acts 20_13-38 - Paul's Farewell Address - fill in blanks
Paul’s Farewell to the Pastors of Ephesus
1. Paul walked _____________________ from Troas to Assos.
2. Paul was in a hurry because he wanted to be in Jerusalem by ______________________.
3. Paul called for the ___________________ of the church of Ephesus.
Paul’s Farewell Message
1. A Review of the Past (18-21)
a. Manner (18-19)
b. _______________________ (19)
c. Method (20)
d. Message (21)
2. A Testimony of the Present (22-27)
a. Prisoner (22-23)
b. Accountant (24)
c. _______________________ (24)
d. Steward (24)
e. Witness (24)
f. _______________________ (25)
g. Watchman (26-27)
3. A Warning about the Future (28-38)
a. Take heed unto yourselves (28)
i. _______________________ (31)
ii. Shallowness (32)
iii. Covetousness (33)
iv. _______________________ (34)
v. Selfishness (35)
b. Take heed to all the flock (28)
c. Take heed for wolves (29-31)
i. Who? __________________________________________________
ii. What? __________________________________________________
iii. Why? __________________________________________________
1. Psalm 126:5-6 "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him."
2. Luke 7:44 "And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head."
3. John 11:35 "Jesus wept."
4. Luke 19:41-44 "And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation."
5. Acts 20:19 "Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:"
6. Acts 20:31 "Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears."
7. Acts 20:37 "And they all wept sore, and fell on Paul’s neck, and kissed him,"
8. 2 Corinthians 2:4 "For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you."
9. Philippians 3:18 "(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:"
10. 2 Timothy 1:4 "Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy;"
11. Luke 6:21 "Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh."