Way to Life-Lesson_21
Understand the Basis and Source of All Reality: Introducing God, the Universe, and Humankind
1) What thoughts do you have after reading this report of the creation of the universe? What questions do you have?
3) There are many theories about the origin of the world. Each of these theories have different processes and outcomes. After reading Genesis 1 and 2 which of these describes creation?
Loss of organization. Or Increasing order and complexity
Static state (cyclical change Or Progressive development toward a
returns to goal or plan
the starting point,
producing nothing new)
Random, accidental happenings Or Intelligent design
with no purpose or direction
Independent universe Or Dependent universe
(one that exists and runs on its own)
No authority, or basis for Or Levels of authority
authority, in the world
5 ) From Genesis 1, can you tell why the universe exists?
6) What do you notice about the way that God created man versus the way that He created animals, plants, and everything else.
7) List the differences between man/humans and everything else that God created
Open book exam J Genesis 1:24, 26-28 and Genesis 2:7, 16, 17
So, Adam and his wife, Eve and you and I, are not just the same kind of beings as trees and animals. We are more closely related to God. How does that make you feel about yourself as a human being? Do you think there is a reason why we are different?
10) How does the story of creation affect the way we (and the world) view life?
How do other theories affect the way we (and the world) view life?