Can Anyone Read The Handwriting On The Wall?
The Scripture is full of references to the concepts of God's warnings and judgments as well as God's invitation to all mankind to escape, if they would, these times of reckoning. The greatest scripture in the Bible concerning God's righteous intentions is both an exposition of love and a warning of the possibility of peril. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. This is the strength of His love; that before the coming destruction there is always warning and instruction.
For each of us, there are many points in our lives where the Hand of God is clearly seen guiding us away from evil and leading the way to the perfect will of God. And if we would only hear and obey His commands, we would escape coming judgment.But if it is our lot to reject the warnings and leading, then comes judgment.
There's A Hand Writing On The Wall!
Belshazzar, in all of his arrogance, requested that the vessels be brought to the feast so that in the revilry they could be desecrated. But God had a different idea.
- All was going well until Belshazzar brought sacred vessels, which according to the Book of Ezra 1:9 numbered no less than 5,400.
- The Bible says that as they were feasting, and getting drunk, and having a good time, that God allowed the fingers of a man's hand to visibly be see writing over against the plaster of the walls.
- Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin
The King's Men Couldn't Read The Writing On The Wall
And just as they couldn't read the writing on the wall, the wise men of the day are still yet not able to interpret. Their only means of explanation of these events is that of happenstance. But they fail to see the supernatural significance of this judgment.
- Just because you are smart doesn't mean that you are spiritual.
- Natural wisdom is not enough.
- Which is why we need the Men and Women of God, to shew us what is the way for us to go.
Jesus Gave Us The Signs Of His Coming
St. Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
- For many shall come in my name
- now everything is being done in the name of our God.
- evene people with no real desire to see people saved are proclaiming to be ministers of God, not to the intent that lives are changed, but the desire to be popular and wealthy.....feeding on the misfortunes of the people to whom they minister.
- And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars
- we are involved in two wars right now, and the constant prospect of even more conflict looms over our heads.
- even when we finish with the current battles, there are others waiting in line to commence.
- and there shall be famines
- farmers are seeing their entire harvest wiped clean, leaving food shortages.
- and even where there is food, people are still starving because they can't afford to eat.
- and pestilences
- there are more diseases now than we have ever seen.
- different strains of bacteria and diseases that are resistant to medication and treatment.
- and earthquakes in divers places.
- do you remember when Dallas only had tornadoes and the occasional torrential rain storm?
- but this past week, Dallas experienced earthquakes this past week, something that I had never heard of all the days of my life.
- it always was that earthquakes always happened out west, but now natural disasters are spreading and happening everywhere.
Look Up, Your Redemption Draweth Nigh!
Jesus said that if you are wise enough to discern the meaning of the times, then there must of necessity be an awareness which moves us towards anticipation.....the aniticipation of his soon return.
Can Anyone Read The Handwriting On The Wall?
Is there no one who can see what is happening as supernatural? As the Hand of God?
- For those who could discern the writing, there was promotion.
- For those who could not, it spelled out their demise and impending doom.
- Much like those who will not be wise enough to, as the Scriptures say, ".....hear what the spirit is saying to the church."
- With all of the prophetic events taking place, is there no one who can read the writing on the wall?
- Look at the way God is trying to get your attention, and still it means nothing to you.
- It takes a fool to ignore the warning and plow straight ahead to the awaiting judgment.
- Are we so blind that even given the state of our country and the world that we cannot read the writing?
- God is letting us know that the road down which we are headed is not the right road to travel.
- Will there be anyone who will stand today and acknowledge the writing?