Church Administration ideas list
Mr. Dan Mawson
3 Semester hours of credit
- Create as system for ensuring that people get thank you notes.
- Study church constitutions and ask questions. Almost everything will have a reason behind it.
- Good ideas come from all over so keep your eyes open
- Our bodies are organized and administered properly, Why not the church?
- The Lord can cut more timber with a sharp saw than with a dull one, But God chooses the dull saw that is willing to be yielded to him.
- If the administration of my personal life were applied to a church what would happen?
- Shouldn’t God’s house be as rigorous as the business world?
- Administration must be developed for effective leadership.
- How will church Administration change for different cultures.
- Is the church you are managing yours or God’s.
- If you say you’re a servant what is the problem with being treated like one.
- The four major resources of the church are Spiritual, Human, Physically, and financial.
- Leading is Guiding the Church and accompanied with equipping the Church.
- Think about how to submit to a pastor as an assistant pastor.
- Meditate upon God’s calling and keep it in your vision.
- As an assistant what are the pastors Goals for you? What is he expecting of you?
- There is no perfect Church, if the church was perfect why does it need you? Churches are to function as a body. Although parts of the body are week why should we quit.
- Find and reevaluate personal values.
- What are ways that I can get more effective with managing my time.
- Think about ministry Goals. What would be hindrances to achieving that goal?
- List out personal time wasters and determine how the time they take can be diminished.
- How can the building assist in creating a preaching atmosphere?
- What are ways to exalt preaching?
- How can I practically start a music program that will be expandable?
- Develop a written statement of what the purpose of music is.
- Write what you believe down.
- It forces you to think It through and properly formulate it.
- It allows someone from the outside to see where you are quickly.
- Make sure the people understand the importance to sing with understanding.
- It is blasphemy to sing the songs of God in vain.
- What is your biblical basis for your music program?
- The leader of the singing is often the first person people see as they come into a church service.
- To build a music program that starts with the Children.
- What is you Philosophy (purpose – what are you shooting at)? Everything that is done must be done to aim toward you Goal.
- What will be expected of your workers? (Who can teach were?)
- Don’t take it lightly to take on a worker. (if a worker is approached in the hallway it is not a big deal. If there is a meeting and then a time for prayer it makes it more important and gives them time to see what God’s will is for them.)
- Don’t wait to the last minute to do and plan things.
- Determine a philosophy behind delegating duties?
- Why are you delegating?
- What are you delegating?
- How will this grow the person?
- Any person involved in ministry under me cannot be insecure.
- Before you come under another man’s ministry make sure you know what direction the pastor is going.
- People who want to own you will be the first to dump you.
- Fellowship is crucial, Socializing is distracting. – Fellowship meets needs – Socializing is seeking to get your needs met.
- How does the community view your Building?
- Think about who and how will the people take care of the church building?
- Transition people from evangelical Bible study by bring another person from the church to the Bible study to meet them and make the connection.
- Get deacons to do the membership interviews.
- Remember God’s promises & Stand on them? Do what it takes to remember God’s promises.
- When the pastor and the rest of the leadership are convinced on something the people will follow.
- There is more talent in people than you realize! (Tap the talent timely)
- Missionaries must be powerful preachers.
- Keep missions in front of your people!
- It is always better to over communicate than to under communicate!
- Money is only a tool to do the will of God!
- Save Flyers, enrolment cards, mission’s booklets and file them. Learn from them.
Books read to complete the outside reading for the class.
· Article given: Read
· Theology of Church Leadership by Lawrence O. Richards – 150 Pages
· Fellowlabors by Pastor Scott Vanderhart – 15 Pages
· Church Administration: The doctrine and administration of the church – Paul Jackson – 125 Pages