Walk with our Eyes on Jesus
Matthew 14:22-33 And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away. 23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.
24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary. 25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. 26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. 27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. 28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? 32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased. 33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
Keep our Eyes on Jesus
1) We step above our Problems--John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. The Sea Represents Trouble!!! 1) We all have Troubles 2) In Trouble 3) Coming out of Trouble
4) Going into Trouble
2) We walk in a Positive Matter--Matthew 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee. Be Of Good Cheer!!! 1)Good Attitude 2)Have Faith 3)Looking to Jesus 4)Depending on Jesus 5)Casting our cares on Jesus
3) We have a overcoming Walk--1 John 5:4-5 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? Obstacles of: 1) Sickness 2) The Devil 3) Sin
4) Self 5) The World
4) We don’t walk in a fearful Matter---Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Fear of: 1) Failure 2) Man 3) Sickness 4) Death 5) To Stand for Jesus
5) We Walk with Trust---Matthew 14:28-29 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. The Other Eleven stayed in the Boat!!! He saw the Wind, Water and the Storm 3 Miracles that were performed: 1) Jesus walked on the Water 2) He gave Peter power to walk on the water 3) He saved Peter