A Mighty God
Isaiah 9:6 (NCV)
6 A child has been born to us;
God has given a son to us.
He will be responsible for leading the people.
His name will be Wonderful Counselor, Powerful God,
Father Who Lives Forever, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:7 (NCV)
7 Power and peace will be in his kingdom
and will continue to grow forever.
He will rule as king on David’s throne
and over David’s kingdom.
He will make it strong
by ruling with justice and goodness
from now on and forever.
The Lord All-Powerful will do this
because of his strong love for his people.
 The Everyday Bible : New Century Version. Nashville, TN. : Thomas Nelson, Inc., 2005
I. Power and Peace will be in his kingdom
- On one side the Herodium and on the other a stable
- On one side a paranoid King who would kill the inocent and on the other a King who would die for the guilty.
II. He will rule as king on David's throne
- In Matthews account we see his geneology as a desendent of David
- We also see where the magi come and ask "where is he ho is born king of the Jews.
III. Because of his strong love for his people
- “God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son so that whoever believes in him may not be lost, but have eternal life. The Everyday Bible : New Century Version. Nashville, TN. : Thomas Nelson, Inc., 2005, S. Jn 3:16
- Herod saught to destroy, Jesus saught to save.