Introduction: Talk of some of the major changes that have came to the church and how the church first met them with resistence.
- The Shape of the Earth- Galileo Galilei
- The King James Version
- Open Air Evangelism - George Whitefield
- Singing Hymns - Isaac Watts
- Sunday School - Robert Raike
1. The Truth Stays.
Be strong in the grace that is in Jesus Christ 1 Tim. 2:1
2. Live a Model Life.
And the things that you have heard from me 2 Tim. 2:2a
- We must be examples.
- Jesus is the greatest example.
- If we desire followers we must be followers ourselves.
3. Motivate the Change.
Commit thse to faithful men 2 Tim. 2:2b
History has taught us that we often reject change but as history has also concluded change is inevitable and if we do not learn to embrace it; it will destroy us.
- Anesthesia - James Young Simpson