Naomi, Portrait of a Mom
In honor of Mother's Day I invite you to look at one of the OTs more famous moms. Naomi, the mother-in-law of Ruth, shows God's care for a special woman who was faithful to her God despite difficulty.
- Economic Distress (famine) (1:1)
- Moving away from home (new language, customs, culture shock) (1:1)
- Deaths in the family (1:3-5)
- Abandonment by daughter (1:14-15)
- Suffering from God (2:20-21)
- A faithful daughter-in-law (1:16-18)
- A kind relative (2:17-20)
- A grandchild (4:13)
- The grace of God (4:14-15)
- A heratige
Moms be assured that your sacrifices and difficulties will not go unoticed by our loving God. He will replace those hardships with blessings either in this life or the one to come.