While You're Here
1 Peter 1:17-21
If we truly have our hope fixed on the grace that will be brought to us at the revelation of Jesus Christ, then we will live our lives with a healthy respect of God here and now.
I. Fear the Lord (17)
A. If God is your Father
B. Since God is your Judge
- according to our works not our intentions, lineage...
C. While you're here
- conduct - same word as behavior in vs. 15
- in fear
- during your stay - We are just passing through this world at this time. We have one shot and limited time to give glory to our Father.
II. Because He Redeemed You (18-19)
A. Not with Perishable Things
- redeemed - bought
- the price of an imortal soul costs more than gold or silver can afford.
- from futile life - vain, useless, of no purpose.
B. With Blood
- The Lamb John 1:29 our passover 1 Corinthians 5:7
Let's not take lightly the price that was paid for you and me, but live as those who are not our own 1 Corinthians 6:20