Isa 9 6
Text: Isa 9:6
Intro: The wonder of Christmas message
“unto us a child is born..”
· The omnipotent God becomes a needy child.
· The inclusive language of “unto us” as opposed to exclusive “them”
· Life change precipitated by the a “child” being “born”
· Change in responsibility
"So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do." (Luke 17:10, KJV)
· Change in associations
"Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" (Amos 3:3, KJV)
"God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord." (1 Corinthians 1:9, KJV)
· Change in schedule
· Change in budget
· This Change is fore ever…even after they grow up!
· Birth can not be stopped
· Whether you are ready or not the child will come
· If you abandon the child he does not cease to exist.
· This child is YOURS!
“unto us a son is given”
· His only son.
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." (Luke 2:11, KJV)
"In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him." (1 John 4:9, KJV)
· John 3:16
· Typified by Abraham
"By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son," (Hebrews 11:17, KJV)
· Given Completely
· READ (Matthew 27:33-54, KJV)
Conclusion: This Child is Yours – The Son is given For Your
Will you accept the responsibility
Will you accept the gift