Text: Isa 9:6
Intro: The wonder of Christmas message
1. “unto us a child is born..”
1. The omnipotent God becomes a needy child.
2. The inclusive language of “unto us” as opposed to exclusive “them”
3. Life change precipitated by the a “child” being “born”
a. Change in responsibility
i. "So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do." (Luke 17:10, KJV)
b. Change in associations
i. "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" (Amos 3:3, KJV)
ii. "God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord." (1 Corinthians 1:9, KJV)
c. Change in schedule
d. Change in budget
e. This Change is fore ever…even after they grow up!
4. Birth can not be stopped
a. Whether you are ready or not the child will come
b. If you abandon the child he does not cease to exist.
5. This child is YOURS!
2. “unto us a son is given”
1. His only son.
a. "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." (Luke 2:11, KJV)
b. "In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him." (1 John 4:9, KJV)
- John 3:16
- Typified by Abraham
- "By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son," (Hebrews 11:17, KJV)
- Given Completely
- READ (Matthew 27:33-54, KJV)
Conclusion: This Child is Yours – The Son is given For Your
Will you accept the responsibility
Will you accept the gift